We all know the old axiom: If you chase two rabbits, both will escape. Often times we are tempted to chase 2 opportunities, 2 strategies, 2 choices, all in an effort to not let something fall through the cracks or to have a ‘safety net’ to minimize failure.
But how do we determine the best decision so we have only one target come ‘wabbit’ season?
Consider the following checklist as you consider future decisions:
- Is this consistent with my priorities?
- Is this in my strengths zone?
- Can someone else do it better?
- What does my Inner Circle recommend?
- Do I have, or can I acquire the resources required?
Look at a decision you made recently that did not work out quite as well as you had hoped and take that decision through this checklist. What would you have done differently?