Have you ever looked at someone and thought to yourself, “How is it that they have accomplished so much in life, while I have accomplished so little?” How is it that some folks make things happen while others stand by and wonder what happened?
We’ll be talking about that on Monday, February 4 on the Leadership Insight Webcast. Join us for this one, for sure, because it addresses issues I encounter with clients frequently. Really, it’s why they come to me for help in the first place.
In preparation for that call, here’s a little homework.
Write down three things (writing them down is key):
1. What do you want to happen and why?
This is a statement of the obvious, but the reality is, a lot of folks have not really addressed this question. Fear, insecurity, and doubt make us naturally turn off possibilities – almost as a protection mechanism. So…take some time before Monday and give yourself permission to really get a handle on the vision. Don’t talk yourself out of it, just write it down.
2. What would it take to make that happen?
3. Now for the easy part – What excuses are you thinking of right now for why you can’t possibly do this?
Have this list in hand for the call on Monday.
Here’s an example:
1. I want to make $100,000 within the next year in my business so I can pay off my debt and provide more security for my family
2. I would have to serve _____ clients at $_______ each. Or sell _____ widgets at $_____ each. I could speak to groups or teach at a local community college. I would also need to cut back on expenses. A budget and getting the family onboard would help.
3. I’m not good at marketing – I have no idea where to find more clients. I am not a good speaker. I don’t have time. (You get the idea.)
So how do you make things happen?
You start here…by writing down your answers
and showing up for the call.
We look forward to talking with you then!